What will you do?
Techleap (a non-profit) can bank on a great and well-recognized brand - and uses it to the benefit of Dutch Tech. Over the coming years, we will commercialize our efforts more and more and be able to depend on subsidies less and less - especially when it comes to our community-building efforts. As a result, it will become more and more important for Techleap to become self-sustainable - raising private funds and creating partnerships. In order to do this effectively, we need to be able to tell these partners what it is that Techleap offers - meaning we need to have a clear value proposition and a strategy for communicating it.
We want to bring everything we do under that brand. If you were to draw a mindmap for all of those activities, you will find the vast majority is connected to “our MarCom Lead”. With community building, program activities, data reports, Social media awareness, and stakeholder partnerships. We now look for someone to make the most out of all (brand) value? In this role you will:
- Help build and execute on the Techleap brand strategy together with our strong-minded leadership team;
- Translate our business objectives into a holistic marketing- and communication approach, making it an integral part of all elements and segments;
- Translate our branded house strategy to the Techleap brands and our segments (website, tone of voice, brand book, external agency relations);
- Drive a small team of 2 or 3 driven individuals and report into the Managing Director;
- Own the marketing efforts for brand awareness of the core Techleap brand (and its brand associations) pushing back on individual requests and off-brand outings;
- Your team and you will support all the teams within Techleap: from data to community teams and our governmental affairs team;
- Turn our data insights into communication mechanisms;
- Support our community teams (DLiT, Scale and Deeptech) to reach their audience for events, programs and commercial gain;
- Share our message with founders, governmental bodies, venture capital (VC) and politics.
Do you have what it takes?
In this position you find yourself in a very central role within Techleap and as our external tone of voice to the communities, VC and government. Therefore you already have experience in the Tech sector and a B2B setting. We see that someone with +8 years of experience will most likely have covered all the facets we’re looking for (But we’re open to surprise applications that are of stellar caliber). Next to that you have:
- Leadership (by example) skills and experience of a small team in which you fully contribute yourself as well (2-3 years minimum);
- A track record in creating and executing on long term B2B Marketing- and Communication strategies (ideally some knowledge with Digital & CRM as this helps you and us);
- The ability to work together with many different people (including C-suite executives) and their objectives as they might differ from yours from time to time;
- Techleap is a flexible environment where things change frequently and fast. That means that creativity and flexibility is key to ad hoc successful initiatives we work on;
- A branding ‘tone of voice’ which is not necessarily your own;
- Experience in website development, social media, and other outlets;
- Understanding of the MarCom needs for events and programs;
- A track record in entrepreneurial environments (startups and scale-ups) that support out of the box thinking on a tighter budget;
- Ideally you know your way around data well (analysis and interpretation).
Note: We only consider applicants that already live in the Netherlands, but we are able to take over VISA sponsorship from current employers.